British Dressage Pony Selectors Andrew Harris, Sue McMahon and David Trott have released nine names (13 combinations) as their long list in contention for one of four places on the team squad for the 2018 European Pony Championships.
The 2018 Pony Euros will be held on home soil at Bishop Burton in Humberside, 7 – 12 August.
The British team long listed combinations are:
- Megan Barratt (16) on Susan Barratt’s Valido’s Starlight (bay, gelding, 14.2hh, 14yrs, Valido x Capri Moon)
- Lilah Gibbs (16) on her own PAV Non Plus Ultra (black, gelding, 14.2hh, 10yrs, Noir de Lux x Nico the Champ)
- Holly Kerslake (14) on her own Valhallas Zorro (black, stallion, 14.1hh, 9yrs, s. Valhallas Lord Matrafal)
- Jessie Kirby (15) on her own Grayswood Orlando (chestnut, gelding, 14.2hh, 17yrs, Grayswood Magic Buccaneer x Admiral)
- Isobel Lickley (13) on Rob and Nicola Lickley’s Valido’s Sunshine (bay, mare, 14.1hh, 15yrs, s. Valido) or Nicola Lickley’s Gigolo (chestnut, gelding, 14.1hh, 20yrs, s. Going East)
- Annabella Pidgley (13) on Sarah Pidgely’s Farbenfroh (brown, gelding, 14.2hh, 15yrs, Farewell I x Rakt’s Rocky) or Sarah Pidgely’s Ine (chestnut, mare, 14.1hh, 11yrs, Constantin x Handryk) or Sarah Pidgely’s Cognac (palomino, mare, 14.1hh, 10yrs, s. FS Champertin)
- Sophie Taylor (15) on her own George Clooney B.S. (grey, gelding, 14.1hh, 7yrs, s. Caesar 171) or Samantha Brown’s Le Chiffre (chestnut, gelding, 14hh, 11yrs, s. Caesar 171)
- Sophie Williams (15) on Kate Williams’ Ella (grey, mare, 14.2hh, 9yrs, s. Caesar 171)
- Olivia Wrennall (15)on her own Donna Schuflo (bay, mare, 14.2hh, 10yrs, Don Schufro x Florett AS)
Pony and rider combinations listed are those from which the teams are likely to be selected, but others may be considered for selection if they reach the requirements set out in the Selection Policy.
The Team Pony short list will be announced following Hickstead Premier League during the week commencing 25 June. Final team selection will take place at a training camp, 30 June – 01 July, with the Team NAF Pony quartet plus reserves announced on Monday 2 July.
Isobel Lickley Gets Ride on SL Lucci
Bishop Burton, Roosendaal, Ermelo, Verden Allocated Major Dressage Championships 2018-2020
Chartsturmer, Woodlander Sir Gorgeous, George Clooney BS Win 2017 British Young Pony Championships