The Belgian Equestrian Federation has announced the horse and rider combinations that will represent Belgium at the 2018 European Championships for Children, Junior and Young Riders on Fontainebleau, France, on 11 - 15 July 2018.
Belgian chef d'equipe Alain Rauw made his final pick in riders after the 2018 CDI Diepenbeek.
Two individual children riders, a team of four juniors and a team of three young riders were picked.
The sole A-team junior rider in Belgium, Ann Sophie Goethals on Eldorado A, was not selected as the combination withdrew from team contention in June. Eldorado A underwent colic surgery earlier in the year and the rider considered her horse not fit enough for continental championship.
The Belgian delegation in Fontainebleau includes:
- Maite Colling - Rapallo CL, a Hanoverian by Rotspon x Lancier
- Julie Opsomer - Charlotte, a Westfalian by Charming x Lamoureux II
- Katelijne Maes - Ibou van de Kapelhof, a Belgian warmblood by Lord Loxley x Faveur
- Charlotte Richmond - Hermes, a Belgian warmblood by Dreamcatcher x Donnerschlag
- Amber Vandensteen - Fame, a Dutch warmblood by Ampere x Sultano
- Camille Vangheluwe - FBW Rainman, a Baden Wurttemberger by Rubicell x Don Primero
The first reserve is Karoline Sofie Vestergaard (Junior Hit) and the second reserve is Sophie Jamar (Zoë).
- Flore de Vos - Catcher, a Dutch warmblood by Dreamcatcher x Jazz
- Suraya Hendrikx - Dear Friend, a Dutch warmblood by Gribaldi x OO Seven
- Kate Wiggins - Corona, a Dutch warmblood by Tuschinski x Negro
Photo © Astrid Appels
Eurodressage Coverage of the 2018 European Junior/Young Riders Championships