The United States PRE Association (USPREA) is accepting applications for the 2018 East Coast Sport Initiative for Dressage Clinic on 5 - 6 December 2018 at Hampton Green Farm in Wellington, Florida.
The East Coast clinic for USPRE Sport Initiative for Dressage (SID) is now accepting applicants. Eight pairs will be selected to participate.
The USPRE Sports Initiative for Dressage, launched in 2017, is a program that will contribute to the development of PRE pairs at the FEI-levels (Junior, Young Rider, U25, Young Horse and Adult) toward the ultimate goal of United States team participation.
While the presence of PRE horses at USDF and CDI shows across the country has increased exponentially in the past decade, the ultimate goal of having a PRE horse participate on the United States Dressage Team at the Grand Prix level is still unachieved. USPRE believes that by establishing this Sports Initiative for Dressage more PRE horses and riders of exceptional quality will rise to the top of the field in order to become part of the USEF developing program for team contention.
The hired clinician is Charlotte Bredahl, a US Olympian, 4* Dressage Judge, member of USEF High Performance Committee, and U.S. national Youth Trainer for USEF Dressage.
USPRE will underwrite all expenses for the clinic, with the exception of stall rental/board at the facility and individual riders’ personal expenses.
Deadline to apply for the December clinic is November 1.
Selection for the clinics will be based on the following criteria:
- Automatic Inclusion: Copa USPRE Champions/Reserve Champions
- Automatic Inclusion: Past participation (12 months) on a USEF or NAJYRC Team
- Automatic Inclusion: Prior year All Breeds Champions at Juniors, Young Riders, FEI 5 and 6 Year Old (with min. median score of 7.0), U25 (with median score of 62%), Prix St. George, Inter I, Grand Prix, Grand Prix Special. No freestyles.
- All qualified participants (from 1-3 above) should contact USPRE with their written intention to participate.
- Others not included above may apply to participate by submitting the following to the USPRE Office in Wellington, FL:
- Riding Video
- Print out of all scores from the past 12 months
- Written Request to the Dressage Committee, chaired by Janne Rumbough
- Applicant must be a USPRE Member in good standing, with ANCCE-registered PRE horse.
- Rider must be a US citizen.
For more information, visit www.usprea.com
USPRE Sports Initiative for Dressage
USPRE/ANCCE to Present Exhibition of Pure Spanish Horse at 2018 World Equestrian Games
ANCCE Dedicates New Section to World Young Dressage Horse Championships
The Majesty of the Pure Spanish Horse Celebrated during USPRE Week 2018
Helgstrand Master Class with PRE Horses During 2018 USPRE Week
USPRE Announces 2016 Copa USPRE Winners and 2017 USPRE Dressage Team