The Belgian Equestrian Federation has announed the horses that will represent Belgium at the 2021 World Championships for Young Dressage Horses in Verden, Germany on 26 - 29 August 2021.
The KBRSF hosted two selection trials with international judges and once with an established young horse trainer as selectors.
The first trial was held in Flemalle on 16 June with Dieter Schüle, Ghislain Fouarge and Dr. Ulf Möller. The second in Meerle on 7 July with four judges: Lars Andersson, Knut Danzberg, Sandy Phillips and Freddy Leyman.
Selected to represent Belgium are:
- Tom Heylen - Quberon van het Beukenhof (BWP, by Johnson x Don Renoir)
- Tommie Visser (NED) - Quinten Begijnhoeve (BWP, by Heros Begijnhoeve x Ferro)
The first reserve is Justin Verboomen on Zonik Plus (RHLD, by Zonik x Hohenstein). The second reserve is Katrin Verreet on Liviah Diar (KWPN, by Johnson x Florestan).
- Andrea Winkeler (GER) - Powerpoint de Tamise (BWP, by Dark President x Sandro Song)
- Nick van Laer - Jack Daniels N (SBS, by Apache x Welt Hit II)
The first reserve is Tahnee Waelkens on Kumami ADQ (KWPN, by Fidertanz x Riant), the second reserve is Suraya Hendrikx on Vigo Gold (OLD, by Vitalis x Jazz).
- Jerome Schneiders - Boateng (OLD, by Bon Bravour x Diamond Hit)
- Katrien Verreet - Oblix van de Kempenhoeve (BWP, by Quaterback x Sungold)
No 7-year old reserves were named.
Photo © Astrid Appels
Eurodressage Coverage of the 2021 World Championships Young Dressage Horses