British Equestrian and the British Dressage selectors confirmed the eight horse and rider combinations that will form their list of nominated entries ahead of the 2023 European Dressage Championship, set to take place in Riesenbeck, Germany from 5-10 September this year.
Six combinations are in the running for four team spots. The selected squad of four combinations to travel to Riesenbeck, plus non-travelling reserves, will be announced on or before 15 August.
The short listed team riders are
- Charlotte Dujardin (38) with Carl Hester and Coral Ingham’s Imhotep (by Everdale x Vivaldi, Breeder: T Huizing NED).
- Charlotte Fry (27) with Van Olst Horses’ Everdale (by Lord Leatherdale x Negro, Breeder: P Kluytmans NED) and Glamourdale (by Lord Leatherdale x Negro, Breeder: J Rodenburg NED)
- Andrew Gould (43) with Tatiana Skillman’s Indigro (by Negro x Jazz, Breeder: J Deenen NED).
- Carl Hester (56) with Sandra Biddlecombe, Charlotte Dujardin and Lady Anne Evans and his own En Vogue (by Jazz x Contango, Breeder: A Van der Goor NED) and Fiona Bigwood, Penny Bigwood, Mette Bigwood and Anders Dahl’s Fame (by Bordeaux x Rhodium, Breeder: V.O.F Gerritsen NED).
- Gareth Hughes (52) with Julia Hornig, Rebecca Hughes, Ruby Hughes and his own Classic Briolinca (by Trento B x Royal Dance, Breeder: Febr van der Steen NED).
- Becky Moody (43) with her own Jagerbomb (by Dante Weltino x Jazz, Breeder: B Moody GBR)
The short listed reserve combinations are:
- Lewis Carrier with Andrew and Helen Carrier and his own Diego V (by Spielberg x Welt Hit II, Breeder: E Janssen NED).
- Emile Faurie with his own and Diana Rose’s Bellevue (by Bordeaux x Brentano II, Breeder: H Heinen GER).
Charlotte Fry has Van Olst Horses’ Lars Van De Hoenderheide (by Negro x Layout, Breeder: Jan Slips BEL) as a direct reserve for both of her nominated horses.
Photo © Astrid Appels
Eurodressage Coverage of the 2023 European Dressage Championships