Young dressage colts sired by a string of Dutch KWPN stallions dominated the 2016 South German Stallion Licensing which took place in Munich on 28 - 30 January 2016.
Thirty-five dressage stallions were presented at this licensing and twelve of them were approved. The licensing committee named seven stallions premium, of which four are dressage bred. Three of those premium stallions are sired by Dutch bred stallions. Only eight jumpers in total were licensed in Munich but three of them were premium.
The dressage bred premium stallions are an Ampere x stedinger, bred by Gerd Sosath and owned by Antonius Schulze-Averdiek, which sold at auction for 100,000 euro; a Don Juan de Hus x Rivero II bred by Klaus & Edwin Schuster and owned by Michaela London, which sold for 165,000 euro to the French stud Haras de la Gesse; a Decurio x Samba Hit I, bred by Hans-Adolf Lembke and owned by Heilemann and Schepper, which sold for 100,000 euro and finally the price highlight of the auction: a Zack x Solos Carex, bred by Tove and Ove Möller and owned by Blue Hors, which sold for 200,000 euro to Sarah Marburg.
The other licensed stallions are
- Ampere x Jazz Time - Presented by: Eugene Reesink
- Ampere x Legendär II - Presented by: Heinrich Ramsbrock
- Ampere x Quaterback - Presented by: Gestut Birkhof
- Franziskus x Sir Donnerhall - Presented by: World of Dressage
- Johnson x Abanos - Presented by: Ramona Vollet
- Millennium x Roche d'Or - Presented by: Ib Berger
- Sir Donnerhall I x Furst Heinrich - Presented by: Fritz Bethke
- Temptation x Rubintein - Presented by: Gestut Greim
Photo © LL-foto
Two Dressage Colts Approved at 2015 South German Saddle Licensing
Four Premium Dressage Stallions at 2015 South German Stallion Licensing
Eleven Premium Stallions at the 2014 South German Stallion Licensing
Stockholm Son, Champion of the 2013 South German Stallion Licensing