With two months to go until the 2021 Olympic Games in Tokyo, the Dutch equestrian federation and Dutch Olympic Committee announced the long-listed dressage riders from which the team for The Netherlands will be picked.
Based on past results and recent scores and performances at CDI's, observation trials and squad meetings, Dutch team trainer Alex van Silfhout generously selected a list of 11 riders for the long list.
The Tokyo Olympic teams can only include three riders, plus one traveling reserve, which can be substituted in the Special, a new Olympic rule created for Tokyo.
The Dutch long-listed combinations are:
- Marlies van Baalen - Ben Johnson, Go Legend
- Adelinde Cornelissen – Aqiedo, Zephyr, Fleau de Baian, Govenor-STR
- Edward Gal - Toto Jr, Total US
- Dinja van Liere – Hermes, Haute Couture
- Patrick van der Meer - Chinook
- Anne Meulendijks - Avanti
- Hans Peter Minderhoud - Dream Boy, Zonik
- Denise Nekeman - Boston STH
- Emmelie Scholtens - Desperado
- Madeleine Witte-Vrees - Cennin
- Thamar Zweistra - Hexagons Double Dutch
Photo © Astrid Appels
Eurodressage Coverage of the 2021 Olympic Games