Following the 2021 German Dressage Championships in Balve, the German Equestrian Federation has released the long list for team selection for the 2021 Olympic Games and European Dressage Championships.
Eight riders have been marked as German team candidates for Tokyo and Hagen.
The entire German A-team of 2021, which was announced in December 2020 has been long-listed, with exception of two changes: Ingrid Klimke has been dropped as her horse Franziskus is not fit, while Carine Scholz has been submitted to the A-squad with Tarantino.
The long-List from which the Tokyo and Hagen team will be picked includes:
- Jessica von Bredow-Werndl - Zaire-E and TSF Dalera BB
- Helen Langehanenberg - Annabelle
- Hubertus Schmidt - Escolar
- Dorothee Schneider - Faustus and Showtime FRH
- Carina Scholz - Tarantino
- Frederic Wandres - Duke of Britain
- Benjamin Werndl - Daily Mirror
- Isabell Werth - Bella Rose, Quantaz and Weihegold OLD
Two horses from the A-squad have not been included on the long list: Dorothee Schneider's Sammy Davis Jr and Benjamin Werndl's Famoso OLD.
Photo © Barbara Schnell
Eurodressage Coverage of the 2021 Olympic Games
German Dressage Squads for 2021 Announced
Von Bredow-Werndl Makes it a Double, No Surprises on Kur Podium at 2021 German Dressage Championships
Jessica von Bredow-Werndl Renews German Grand Prix Champion's Title in Balve