The Austrian Equestrian Federation has made their selection for the teams that will represent Austria at the 2022 European Junior and Young Riders Championships in Hartpury (GBR) on 25 - 31 July 2022.
Following a final selection trial at the CDI Achleiten, hosted at the equestrian yard of Sissy Max-Theurer, the president of the Austrian equestrian federation (OEPS), the selectors were able to make their pick.
The Austrian Junior team includes:
- Fanny Jöbstl on her own 10-year old Oldenburg mare Simsalabim (by Sean Connery x Donnerball) - reserve horse Dunkelbunt
- Oskar Ochsenhofer on his own 8-year old Hanoverian mare Siesta Key (by Scuderia x Scolari)
- Florentina Jöbstl on her own 10-year old KWPN mare Floortje (by Negro x Florencio) - reserve horse Coco Procol Harum
- Corinna Gebhard on her own 10-year old Hanoverian gelding Bellagio (by Bonard de Charry x Baroncelli) - reserve horse Brighton
The Austrian Young Riders team includes:
- Paul Jöbstl on Ferienhof Stucker's 13-year old Hanoverian stallion Bodyguard (by Burlington W x Pik L)
- Felicita Simoncic on her own 9-year old KWPN gelding Ivar (by Ampere x Olivi) - reserve horse Connery Junior
- Lilli Ochsenhofer on her own 14-year old Oldenburg Roi du Soleil MT (by Rosandro x August der Starke)
- Fiona Spranz on her own 10-year old Hanoverian gelding Liberte (by Londontime x Acord II) - reserve horse Boolya PB
The reserve young rider is Pia Stallmeister on Cantano Tetti.
Photo © Astrid Appels