The British Dressage Under 21 Selectors have completed the selection process for the 2022 European Championships for Juniors and Young Riders, which will take place on home soil at Hartpury College in Gloucestershire on 25 – 31 July 2022.
The British riders will be flying the flag for Great Britain at this major continental fixture this summer are:
British Junior team
- India Durman-Mills (18) from Leicester, Leicestershire with Verity Saul’s Escade (bay gelding, 2009, Jazz, KWPN)
- Myles Graham (15) from Swindon, Wiltshire with Caroline Bell’s Nibeley Union Hit (dark bay mare, 2007, Nibeley Union Jack x Sandro Hit, AES). * First preference
- Annabella Pidgley (17) from Windsor, Berkshire with Sarah Pidgley’s Sultan des Paluds FRH (liver chestnut gelding, 2010, Soliman de Hus x De Niro, HANN) - direct reserve horse: Sarah Pidgley’s Espe (bay mare, 2014, Escolar x Dimaggio, WESTF).
- Sophie Wallace (15) from Stroud, Gloucestershire with Laura Tomlinson and Ursula Bechtolsheimer’s Rosalie B (black mare, 2006, Rubin Royal x Newcastle. WESTF)
The first reserve is Isobel Lickley (17) from Albrighton, Staffordshire with Emma Blundell’s Mount St John Furstin Fugger (dark bay gelding, 2011, Fürst Heinrich x Weltmeyer, WESTF).
The second reserve is Ruby Hughes (14) from Southam, Warwickshire with Lucy Amy’s Extra Time P (dark bay gelding, 2009, Goodtimes, AES). * Second preference
First and Second Preference
Myles Graham was qualified and has been selected for both the Pony and Juniors team, but at this stage it is intended that Myles will take up his position with the Junior team, and his inclusion in the Pony team selection is expressed as a second preference only, as he cannot compete in both age groups.
Upon definite entries and declaration of all competing riders for the Junior and Young Rider teams, Myles will be withdrawn from the Pony team and his position will be taken by the First Reserve, Lauren Geraghty. If, for any reason, his horse, Nibeley Union Hit, is unable to compete for the Junior team and is withdrawn prior to the Definite Entries deadline on Monday 11 July, Myles will still be eligible for the Pony team with Dresscode Cocktail.
The same principles apply with Ruby Hughes, who is selected for the Pony team, with a second preference expressed as second reserve in the Juniors.
British Young Riders Team
- Caitlin Burgess (21) from Berkeley, Gloucestershire with her own Chocotof (brown gelding, 2007, Lord Leatherdale, KWPN).
- Anna Dalrymple (19) from Horsham, West Sussex with Maxine Vainio’s Vagabond de Massa (bay gelding, 2009, Reito x Xaquiro, LUSIT).
- Maddy Frewin (19) from Yate, Bristol with Hannah Dovey's Eagle Nouvelle (bay gelding, 2009, Singapore, WBS).
- Jessica McConkey (20) from Watlington, Oxfordshire with her own Lady Gaga (bay mare, 2009, Quaterback x Solos Landwind, DWB) - direct reserve horse: Wilson Stensvang (black gelding, 2010, Wilkens x Blue Hors Don Schufro, DWB).
The first reserve is Lilah Gibbs (20) from London with her own Dude(black gelding, 2011, Dancier x Rubinstein, HANN).
Photo © Astrid Appels
Eurodressage Coverage of the 2022 European Pony Championships
British Short Listed Riders for 2022 European Youth Championships