The French and American equestrian federation have announced their teams that will compete in the FEI Nations' Cup at the 2021 CDIO Compiègne (FRA) on 27 - 30 May 2021.
The CDIO Compiègne is the second leg of the 2021 FEI Nations Cup series after Wellington, Florida. The CDIO Alter do Chao in Portugal in April was cancelled due to lack of entries because of corona and EHV-1.
French team trainer Jean Bemelmans selected the following three combinations for the CDIO Big Tour
- Maxime Collard on Cupido PB, owned by Céline Roze
- Isabelle Pinto on Hot Chocolat van de Kwaplas, owned by Haras de la Gesse and Carlos Pinto
- Anne Sophie Serre on Actuelle de Massa, owned by Sylvain Massa
The American team will be supported by chef d'equipe George Williams. It includes:
- Anna Buffini on Davinia La Douce FRH, a 2007 Hanoverian mare owned by the rider
- Katie Johnson on Quartett, a 2008 Brandenburg gelding owned by Kylee Lourie
- Guenter Seidel on Equirelle, a 2009 Dutch Warmblood mare owned by Leatherdale Farms
The 10th edition of the CDIO Compiègne will take place behind closed doors. As the corona situation is still fragile, no spectators will be allowed on the show grounds and all riders and staff have to present a negative PCR upon entry.