British Equestrian and the British Dressage selectors can today confirm the eight horse and rider combinations that will form their list of nominated entries ahead of the FEI Para Dressage World Championship, set to take place in Herning, Denmark, from 6–14 August this year.
Nominated entries, listed by grade then in alphabetical order by athlete surname:
- Gabriella Blake (29), from Newark, Lincolnshire with her own Strong Beau (grey, gelding, 13yrs, s: Spinway Blackthorn, Breeder: Ms S. Amos GBR)
- Sir Lee Pearson (48) from Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, with his own Breezer (bay, gelding, 16.1hh, 11yrs, s. Bacardi, Breeder: Lee Pearson GBR)
- Georgia Wilson (26), from Abergele, North Wales, with Geoff and Julie Wilson and her own Sakura (chestnut, mare, 16hh, 8yrs, Breeder: G Eilberg GBR)
- Natasha Baker (32) from Uxbridge, Middlesex, with Joanna Jensen, Christian Landolt, Phil and Lorraine Baker, and her own Keystone Dawn Chorus (bay, mare, 16.1hh, 11yrs, s. Dimaggio, Breeder: S. Lavendera GBR)
- Nicola Naylor (61), from Ashford, Kent, with Einagriz Horses SRL’s Humberto L (bay, gelding, 16.2hh, 10yrs, Cachet L x Haarlem)
- Charlotte Cundall (37), from Malton, North Yorkshire, with The Veyron Partnership’s FJ Veyron (liver chestnut, gelding, 17.2hh, 12yrs, s: Vivaldi, Breeder: Active Equestrian GBR)
- Sophie Wells (32), from Harby, Lincolnshire, with Rowland Kinch’s Don Cara M (dark bay, gelding, 16.3hh, 13yrs, Breeder: H. M. Melis NED) and Charlotte Hogg’s Jillz Geuzenhof (bay, gelding, 17.1hh, 8yrs, Breeder: S Maakenschijn NED)
At the time of release, the names of the grooms for each horse have not been confirmed but will be included in the final squad announcement.
Selection decisions are subject to the athlete and horse maintaining fitness and performance, and this list may be amended at any point up to 4 July 2022. The selected squad of four combinations to travel to Herning, plus reserves, will be announced on or around 20 July 2022.
Photo © Kevin Sparrow