Six stallions were named premium in the 2021 Danish Warmblood Stallion Licensing, which took place in an extraordinary format this year. The DWB licensing went on a four-day-tour doing home visits to licence this year's crop of 3-year old stallions.
Extraordinary Home Licensing
The 2021 DWB Stallion Licensing was supposed to take place in Herning, but due to corona it was moved behind closed doors to Vilhelmsborg. However, with the EHV-1 outbreak the movement of horses should be limited and the DWB society decided to do a "home licensing tour" instead, with the licensing committee visiting the qualified stallions at their home yard.
The home yards recreated the traditional set up at their stables: a presentation on hard surface, a lunging moment, followed by the inspection of the stallion moving in freedom, as well as presented in walk in hand.
Licensing committee members Bjarne Nielsen, Claus Hansen, Johnny Sørensen and breeding consultant Karina Christiansen visited 11 locations to inspect 52 dressage stallions in total, of which 46 were 3-year-old stallions. Twenty of them were approved for the mandatory performance test. Six stallions were named premium.
Of the six premium stallions, three of them stood out the most, according to the licensing committee. They are Hesselhoj Donkey Boss (by Hesselhoj Donkey Boy x Zack), the full brother of the already approved Hesselhoj Downtown; Midt West Evolution (by Revolution x Jazz); and the German bred Bonjour (by Bon Coeur x Furst Nymphenburg).
All 3-year old stallions have to do a mandatory 10-day observation test to check their character and rideability. The testing takes place in Tørring and started on 22 March 2021. Helgstrand decided not to send their accepted 3-year olds out of EHV-1 precaution and demands from the DWB society a solution to allow the to breed without. The other stallion owners have sent their colts to the professional equestrian centre in Tørring.
Iron, 4-year old Licensing Champion
The Danish Warmblood society annually reviews the 4-year old licensed stallions after they have bred for the first year and completed their 35-day performance test. They need to get their final permission to continue breeding and the committee also names a 4-year old licensing champion.
Additionally, on the licensing tour the committee also assessed a few 4-year-old and older stallions, who have not yet been licensed nor done the performance test.
The champion on the 4-year old group was Iron (by Ibiza x Hohenstein). Bred by Vicki Nedergaard and owned by Helgstrand Dressage, the black was still a bit green as at the 2020 licensing and therefore did not receive a premium, but has developed very well and scored over 900 points in his performance test. He was considered the best in the lot of 4-year olds.
The best developed Danish warmblood 4-year old stallion was Slangerupgaard's Flottenheimer (by Franklin x Scolari), bred by Slangerupgaard and owned by Helgstrand Dressage.
Of the 13-year fully licensed 4-year olds, ten (!) are owned by Helgstrand Dressage.
The 3-year old licensed stallions are:
- Bonjour (by Bon Coeur x Fürst Nymphenburg), bred in Germany and owned by Helgstrand Dressage
- Be Sure (by Benecio x Scuderia), bred in Germany and owned by Helgstrand Dressage
- Fortunate (by Foundation x Quaterback), bred in Germany and owned by Helgstrand Dressage
- Midt-West Evolution (by Revolution x Jazz), bred and owned by Stutteri Midt-West by Poul Erik Nielsen
- Scotaloo (by Secret x Fürst Nymphenburg), bred in Germany and owned by Helgstrand Dressage
- Hesselhøj Donkey Boss (by Hesselhøj Donkey Boy x Blue Hors Zack), bred and owned by Anders Hoeck
Other approved 3-yo stallions:
- Lordswood Bernstein SL (by Bonds x Quaterback), bred in Germany and owned by Helgstrand Dressage
- Sønderskovens Don Avicii (by Hesselhøj Donkey Boy x Blue Hors Don Romantic), bred by Johanne and Lars Juul and owned by Skovrider International
- Forever Love (by Fair Game x Destano), bred in Germany and owned by Helgstrand Dressage
- For Real (by Blue Hors Farrell x Lord Loxley), bred in Germany and owned by Helgstrand Dressage
- Franzé (by Franklin x Sezuan), bred by Henrik Hansen, Solrød Strand, and owned by the breeder and Helgstrand Dressage
- Fire Jazz (by Fürst Jazz x Sir Donnerhall), bred in Germany and owned by Helgstrand Dressage
- Gørklintgårds Millíon (by Millennium x Sunny-Boy), bred and owned by Jørgen Ravn
- MSJ Q (by Quantensprung x Bordeaux), bred in England and owned by HP Horses
- Renomé (by Revolution x Sieger Hit), bred by Minna Petersen and Thorkild Karger, and owned by Priess Horses
- Blue Hors Spectrum (by Sezuan x Sandro Hit), bred by S, Smørum, and owned by Blue hors
- Veyron Hena (by Vitalis x L'Espoir), bred and owned by Alexandra and Søren Buchreitz
- Salissimo (by Secret x Belissimo M), bred in Germany and owned by Helgstrand Dressage
- Zico (by Blue Hors Zackerey x Tomahawk), bred in Germany and owned by Helgstrand Dressage
- Zoom In (by Zoom x Waterford), bred in Germany and owned by Helgstrand Dressage
The 4-year old fully licensed stallions are:
- Iron (by Ibiza / Hohenstein) owned Helgstrand Dressage.
- Blue Hors Monte Carlo (by Dream Boy / United) owned Blue Hors.
- Slangerupgaards Flottenheimer (by Franklin / Scolari) owned Helgstrand Dressage
- Freetown (by Fürst William / Sir Donnerhall I) owned Helgstrand Dressage
- My Toto VDT (by Toto Jr./ Ferro) owned Helgstrand Dressage
- Majestic Taonga (by Toto Jr./ Jazz) owned Helgstrand Dressage
- Hesselhøj Rock A Billy (by Revolution / Blue Hors Hertug) owned Anders S. Hoeck
- Rockabye S (by Revolution / Belstaff) owned Helgstrand Dressage
- So Perfect (by Sezuan / Sir Donnerhall I) owned Helgstrand Dressage
- Sir Floresco (by Sir Heinrich / Floresco) owned Helgstrand Dressage
- Total McLaren (by Totilas / De Niro) owned Helgstrand Dressage
- My Vitality (by Vivaldi / D-Day) owned Helgstrand Dressage
- Blue Hors Viconte (by Vivaldi / Sandro Hit) owned by Blue hors ApS, Randbøl.
Newly licensed 4-year-olds
They received a breeding permit for 2021 and 2022.
- Blue Hors Fortron DVH 1363 e. For Romance II / Desperados, produced by Blue hors
- Blue Hors Santiano DVH 1383 by Sezuan / Blue Hors Romanov, produced by Blue hors
- Stenagers Ben Hur DWB DVH 1362 by Borsalino / Florenciano, produced by Stutteri Teglovnen
Newly licensed older stallions:
- Vivaldon ( by Vivaldi / Diamond Hit) owned HP Horses (breeding permit for 2021 and 2022, max 50 mares per year)
- Blue Hors Zackorado (by Blue Hors Zack / Florencio) owned by Blue hors (breeding permit for 2021)
Seven Premium Colts Named at 2020 Danish Warmblood Stallion Licensing
Seven Premium Stallions at 2019 Danish Warmblood Stallion Licensing
Dutch Warmbloods Rule 2018 Danish Warmblood Stallion Licensing
Fredensdal Fifty Cent, Favourite of the 2017 Danish Warmblood Stallion Licensing
Foreign Bred Colts Dominate 2016 Danish Warmblood Stallion Licensing
Sixteen Colts Approved at 2015 Danish Warmblood Stallion Licensing
Eleven Older Dressage Stallions Approved at 2015 Danish Warmblood Licensing
Galaxy Win T, Champion of the 2014 Danish Warmblood Stallion Licensing
Zee Me Blue, Champion of the 2013 Danish Warmblood Stallion Licensing
Zorba Hojris, Champion of the 2012 Danish Warmblood Stallion Licensing
ERA Dancing Hit, Champion of the 2011 Danish Warmblood Stallion Licensing
Soreldo, Champion of the 2010 Danish Warmblood Stallion Licensing
L'Espoir, Champion of the 2009 Danish Warmblood Stallion Licensing
Blue Hors Doolittle, Champion of the 2008 Danish Stallion Licensing
Develino, Champion of the 2007 Danish Warmblood Stallion Licensing
Schufro Hit and Krake, 2006 Danish Warmblood Licensing Champions
Valløs de Baron, Champion of the 2005 Danish Warmblood Stallion Licensing
Blue Hors Leredo, Champion of 2004 Danish Warmblood Stallion Licensing