The Hanoverian Stallion Licensing committee has licensed 31 stallions and named nine of them premium at the 2022 Hanoverian Main Stallion Licensing in Verden.
While the Oldenburg society has pushed its licensing from November to January to give the young colts more time to grow and develop before they start their preparation for the licensing, the Hanoverian society decided to postpone their "Stallion Market" by only two weeks, taking place at the start of November instead of the middle of October.
The stallions were presented on hard surface and on the lunge line on Thursday 4 November, followed by an in hand and freedom presentation on 5 November.
Young Unproven Sires Make Their Mark
The collection of the 2022 Hanoverian Licensing was dominated by 2.5 year old colts which are sired by young unproven stallions, that are popular on the market and were presenting their first crop this year.
The best represented sire was Bon Courage (by Bon Coeur x Vivaldi x Rohdiamant) with 10 offspring accepted for the licensing. Only five ended up being presented but three of them were accepted and two named premium.
Three sons by Valdiviani (by Veneno x Fidertanz) were presented and all three were accepted, one of them was premium.
Young Horse World Champion and Oldenburg Licensing Champion Global Player OLD (by Grand Galaxy Win x Don Schufro) saw his first son approved. Oldenburg Licensing Champion Bonds (by Benicio x Sir Donnerhall) had three sons approved.
Lauries Crusador xx
The Thoroughbred stallion Lauries Crusador xx, who was the Hanoverian Stallion of the Year 2006, passed away in 2013 but still has a tremendous impact on Hanoverian horse breeding.
At this year's licensing no less than five of the licensed colts, of which one was premium, had Lauries Crusador xx as grand sire or great grand sire. Broodmares with the nobility and genes of this xx stallion continue to thrive and produce a decade later.
The nine premium stallions are:
- Bon Compliment (by Bon Courage x Compliment x Akzent II) - Breeder & Owner: Heiko Bormann ---> sold for 191,000 euro to Landgestut Celle
- nn (by Bon Courage x Lauries Crusader xx x Wittinger) - Breeder: Heinrich Otting - Owner: Leon Meier ---> sold to the U.K. for 135,000 euro
- nn (by Bonds x Dante Weltino x Rohdiamant) - Breeder: Marietta Kappelhoff Dorenkamp - Owner: Blue Hors
- Barbarossa (by Bonds x For Romance I x De Niro) - Breeder: Friederike Pelzer - Owner: Gestut Allerhop —-> co-ownership sold to Celle privately
- For Royalty (by For Romance I x Franziskus/ De Niro) - Breeder: Berthold Schoemaker - Owner: Helgstrand Dressage
- nn (by Le Formidable x Destano/ Wolkentanz I) - Breeder: Johann Martens - Owner: Wilhelm Klausing ---> sold for 161,000 to Baden-Wurttemberg
- Rockson (by Rock Springs x San Remo x Weltmeyer) - Breeder: Kai Ehlers - Owner: Ib Berger ---> sold for 300,000 to Helgstrand
- Stay Cool (by Secret x Don Darius x Shield I) - Breeder: Johann & Dorothea Schröder - Owner: Schachtmann ---> sold for 120,000 to Helgstrand
- Venturo (by Valdiviani x Belissimo M x De Niro) - Breeder & Owner: Ulla Katzorke ---> sold for 266,000 euro to Celle/Hoffrogge
Further licensed stallions are:
- nn (by Bon Courage x Fürst Romancier x Weltmeyer) - Breeder & Owner: Heike and Hermann Bonhorst ---> sold for 94,000 to Klieber/Sandrbink and Gestut Sprehe
- nn (by Baron x Rubitano x Ehrentanz) - Breeder & Owner: Caroline Gobbers Schramm ---> sold for 60,000
- nn (by Birmingham x St. Moritz x Lemon Tree) - Breeder: Jens-Friedrich Langreht - Owner: Ib Berger ---> sold for 41,000
- nn (by Bonds x Dancier x Espri) - Breeder: Erica Lutjen - Owner: Heinrich Giesselmann ---> sold for 45,000
- nn (by Da Costa x Floriscount x Lauries Crusador xx) - Breeder: Margharete Klare - Owner: Bernhard Sieverding ---> sold for 80,000
- nn (by Damaschino x Sir Donnerhall I x Weltmeyer) - Breeder: Tim Philipp Reer - Owner: Christoph Wahler ---> sold for 120,000
- nn (by Despacito x Scolari x Wolkenstein II) - Breeder & Owner: Ingo Pape
- nn (by Escamillo x Ampere x Ravallo) - Breeder: Tobias Schult - Owner: Helgstrand Dressage
- nn (by Escamillo x Vivaldi x Lauries Crusador xx) - Breeder & Owner: Gudrun & Udo Strecker
- nn (by Escamillo x Vivaldi x Lamoureux II) - Breeder & Owner: Rhenania ---> sold for 126,000
- nn (by Farrell x Fürst Nymphenburg x Davignon) - Breeder: Ludwig Fuchs - Owner: Anneli Brunckhorst
- nn (by For Romance I x Dancier x Dacaprio) - Breeder: Lena Heidkamp - Owner: Reesink
- Furby (by Fürst Samarant x Lord Loxley x Batum) - Breeder & Owner: Gestut Babiacki —-sold privately to Nicola Ahorner
- nn (by Glamourdale x Londonderry x Furst Heinrich) - Breeder: Christian Thelker - Owner: Blue Hors
- nn (by Global Player x Bvlgari x Samarant) - Breeder: Wilhelm Klausing - Owner: Gut Rethorn Christina Pilger & Klausing
- nn (by Secret x All Inclusive x Lauries Crusador xx) - Breeder & Owner: ZG Aronis & Janssen —-> sold to Sprehe
- nn (by So Unique x Lord Leatherdale x Lauries Crusador xx) - Breeder: Andreas Meyer x Owner: Blue Moon Sporthorses
- nn (by Valdiviani x Damon Hill x Ampere) - Breeder: Tobias Schult - Owner: Hermann Schult
- nn (by Vitalis x Spörcken x Rotspon) - Breeder: Claudia Leyer - Owner: Ib Berger ---> sold for 120,000 euro to Spain
- nn (by Vivaldos x Weltmeyer x Akzent II) - Breeder & Owner: Dieter & Jens Röbken
- nn (by V-Plus x St. Moritz junior x Redwine) - Breeder: Nina Vogt - Owner: Peter Dieckmann —> sold for 107,000 to Tannenhof
- nn (by Valdiviani x Carabas x Rheinblick) - Breeder & Owner: Isabell Werth
Catalog nr 46 by Lord Europe x Licosto will be licensed pending the dropping of his testicles.
A more extensive report of the licensing as well as the auction is coming up in the next few days
Energy Leads Group of Six Premium Stallions at 2021 Hanoverian Stallion Licensing
Sky Enthuses Breeders at 2020 Hanoverian Stallion Licensing
Von und Zu Crowd Favourite, Confess Color Sells for 1,890,000 euro at 2019 Hanoverian Licensing
Statement from Schockemöhle/Helgstrand on the Sale of Confess Color
Hanoverian Society Takes Position on Sale of Confess Color
Vivino Sets New Auction Record at 2018 Hanoverian Stallion Licensing
Reflections on the 2018 Hanoverian Stallion Licensing
Christmas Came Early at the 2017 Hanoverian Stallion Licensing, So Unique Top Seller
Quantensprung Stamps the 2016 Hanoverian Stallion Licensing
Rocky Lee Son Claims the Spotlight at 2015 Hanoverian Stallion Licensing
D'Avie Dominates Premium Ring and Auction at 2014 Hanoverian Stallion Licensing
Strong Crop and Big Prices at 2013 Hanoverian Stallion Licensing
Form or Function at the 2012 Hanoverian Stallion Licensing
Dancier x Rotspon Stands Out at 2011 Hanoverian Stallion Licensing
Ten Premium Dressage Stallions at 2010 Hanoverian Stallion Licensing
No Top Collection at 2009 Hanoverian Stallion Licensing but Super Price Highlights
Belissimo M x Weltmeyer Colt Impresses at 2008 Hanoverian Stallion Licensing
Hanoverian Verband Abolishes "Licensing Champion" Title
Soliman de Hus, 2007 Hanoverian Licensing Champion
Lauries Crusador xx x Raphael Son, 2006 Hanoverian Licensing Champion
Hotline, 2005 Hanoverian Stallion Licensing Champion
Dancier, 2004 Hanoverian Licensing Champion
Liberty Gold, 2003 Hanoverian Licensing Champion
His Highness, 2002 Hanoverian Licensing Champion, Sold to the United States
Nobleman, Champion of the 2001 Hanoverian Stallion Licensing
Don Crusador, Champion of the 2000 Hanoverian Stallion Licensing